Monday, September 27, 2010

The Fibonacci Sequence

After the first blog assignment was announced I started thinking about the potential title that I could give it right away because I'm not so good with naming things. Random things would pop up in my head all the way to Klieber Hall (where my next class is located) but nothing that I especially liked. Once my Native American Studies class begun I would again periodically think about the title of my blog - eventually dosing off into a day dream. The end of the class came suddenly and I still haven't thought of a decent title that I liked. That's when I decided to think of the title on Monday and not worry about it for the time being.


The walk back to the parking lot where I parked my car earlier that morning seemed longer than before. It was probably due to the sun that was now fully out. The sun became hotter while the walk became longer. I stared at every passing car, wishing I was already in mine. One car caught my attention more than the others. Well it was more the license plate than the car itself. It contained the first three numbers of the Fibonacci Sequence. I automatically continued the sequence in my head, three, five, eight, twelve. And when I got to twelve I remembered an episode from "Criminal Minds" where the BAU team was hunting down a serial killer who murdered his victims in the order of the Fibonacci Sequence. By the time I got to my car, I replayed the entire episode in my head. It was a good episode, I thought. I got into my car and drove off.


For the rest of the day, each time I thought about a title for my blog, the Fibonacci Sequence would be the only thing that came to my mind. I wondered it would be an appropriate title for my blog. And after minutes of consideration, I decided it would work out well. It wasn't just because of the episode that I liked the Fibonacci Sequence. I love to work with numbers and the Fibonacci Sequence was just one of the interesting patterns that I have encountered.

No comments:

Post a Comment